We at SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL INDÚSTRIA QUÍMICA S.A., referred to as “SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL” or “Company”, wish to ensure that we have a relationship based on trust and transparency with all users of our services (“you”).
As a result, we have produced this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) to help you understand what information is collected from you, why we collect it, whether we share it or not, and with whom. In addition, we will inform you of your rights regarding this information and how to exercise them with the Company.
We believe that it is a priority to ensure the privacy and security of your Personal Data. Any information you provide us will be processed seriously and within the limits set forth herein.
If you have any doubts relating to the protection of your Personal Data, we provide you with a suitable contact channel at the end of this Notice.
1. WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE READING THIS NOTICE?
Para que você consiga compreender completamente este Aviso, indicamos abaixo alguns termos e conceitos importantes.
|National Data Protection Authority (ANPD)||It is the public authority belonging to the federal public administration, responsible for the regulation, inspection, and application of administrative penalties, related to the protection of Personal Data.|
|Personal Data||Any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual; an identifiable person is a natural person that may be directly or indirectly identified, especially by reference to an indicator, such as a name, identification number, electronic means identifiers or one or more specific elements of physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity;|
|Sensitive Personal Data||Any Personal Data about racial or ethnic origin, religious belief, political opinion, affiliation with a union or an organization of religious, philosophic, or political nature, as well as any health or sexual life, genetic or biometric data;|
|Data Protection Officer||Is the person assigned to act as a communication channel with you and with the National Data Protection Authority. This professional is also commonly known as DPO.|
|Third Parties||It refers to, but is not limited to, any and all individuals or legal entities with whom SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL has or will have a relationship, such as service providers, suppliers, consultants, partners, contracted or subcontracted Third Parties.|
|Data Subject||Individual to whom the Personal Data are related.|
|Processing||It is any activity carried out with Personal Data, such as collection, receipt, classification, use, access, reproduction, transmission, distribution, processing, archiving, storage, disposal, evaluation or control of information, modification, updating, communication, transfer, sharing and extraction.|
2. WHICH PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
In order to respect your privacy, we understand that any and all Processing of Personal Data must be limited to the minimum necessary, as well as relevant and proportionate to allow the intended purpose to be carried out.
Therefore, the Personal Data we collect about you will vary depending on the relationship you choose to establish with us, that is, as a customer, a consumer, a supplier, a service provider, a visitor, a partner, among others.
Below we present the main Personal Data processed by us, sorted into categories:
- Identification information: Such as your name, signature, date of birth, identity card number (RG), individual taxpayer registration number (CPF), driver’s license (CNH), profession, title, among others of particular relevance;
- Information to help us contact you: such as home address, zip code, landline or cell phone number and personal and/or professional emails;
- Financial information: such as checking accounts and bank branches, individual income tax, financial statements;
- Additional information: such as profession, place of work, position, professional history, academic qualification, diplomas and other qualification certificates, among others;
- Behavioral information: such as history/consumption or professional profile, pattern/history of use of social networks;
- Sensitive Personal Data: We may collect and process Personal Data relating to your biometry (fingerprints), health, racial and ethnic origins, among others;
- Features associated with your electronic devices: such as internet provider, operating system, browser (type, version, enabled options and installed plug-ins), video settings (size/resolution and amount of colors), date and time of access and pages viewed through cookies;
- Information obtained from Third Parties: information shared by third parties with SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL, for example, from credit bureaus, which provide registration, behavioral and financial data; and
- General Data: that is, the content that you send us of your own free will and may be collected by email, WhatsApp, blog posts, social media networks, applications or any other tool that you use to send content to our servers.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The information we process about you may have been provided directly by you to SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL, by Third Parties or even collected automatically through our website and other channels.
- Provided Directly by You
From the moment you start interacting with us, you voluntarily provide us with information about yourself. For example, when interacting through social media networks or our service channels, when accessing them to learn about the products and services offered by the Company, among others.
- Obtained from Third Parties
In specific cases, we may also receive some Personal Data from you through Third Parties. For example, information provided by SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL contractors, such as consultants, partners, service providers, agents, commercial representatives, distributors, suppliers that help us offer you even better products and services, or even as a result of the credit services.
In some cases, we may also automatically collect Personal Data from the devices you use to access our website. This information helps us generate access statistics and, thus, get to know our audience better. This is important so that we can improve it more and more and adapt it to the widest possible audience. Some of this Personal Data may be collected through cookies or similar technologies, as we will explain in a separate topic below.
- Publicly Available
We may also collect information from you that is publicly available, including, but not limited to social media (such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn), open channels and databases of public bodies (for example, Federal Internal Revenue Services, Health Surveillance, Fire Department, etc.).
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Personal Data collected by SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL on you is processed for the following purposes:
- To meet the purpose for which the Personal Data was provided
We process your Personal Data to meet the purpose for which it was collected or for other purposes compatible with it. For instance, when contacting our service channels or if you are interested in participating in any of our campaigns and/or sales initiatives, for example, to provide a wi-fi network for visitors.
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations
Your Personal Data may be used to fulfill our obligations under the law and/or regulations of governmental bodies and orders or requests from tax authorities, the judiciary branch and/or other relevant authorities. For example, we may process Personal Data to issue invoices and tax payments and to comply with court orders or regulatory agencies.
- To allow the regular exercise of our rights
Even after your relationship with us has ended, we may process some of your Personal Data to exercise our rights guaranteed by law, including as evidence in judicial, administrative or arbitration proceedings.
- To enable necessary or support activities for our Company
To enable situations that are necessary or that support the interests and operations of SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL, we may also process your Personal Data in activities such as: communication and marketing initiatives, improvements to our products and services, relationships with our customers and partners, provision of materials and/or gifts, audits, due diligences, operations required for mergers, spin-offs, acquisitions, credit and performance analysis, and Company reports, wi-fi network for users, etc. In activities to support the interests of SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL, we will always observe the limits of your expectation and the Processing of Personal Data will not in any way harm your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms.
- To enforce an agreement you have entered into with us or carry out pre-contractual due diligence
If you are a party to an agreement with SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL, or represent a company in a particular agreement, we will process your Personal Data for the enforcement and performance of the agreement, for example, to ensure the work is carried out and the respective payment is made. Furthermore, the Personal Data will be processed to maintain our business relationships with customers, partners, suppliers, among others.
- Recruiting and Selection
We list job opportunities on specialized websites, and we also receive resumes through our website, email and referrals from our employees. In these situations, we will process your Personal Data to analyze your resume, verify your professional skills, curriculum information and whether or not you meet the specific requirements of the job for which you have applied, as well as to proceed with the selection process, when applicable, in situations such as contacts made by phone or email and for scheduling interviews.
- Prevent fraud and ensure your security
We may process your Personal Data to ensure your security (and that of third parties such as visitors, service providers, etc.) and to prevent identification fraud, especially during your access to our institutional website and internal systems, entry or visit to our facilities (e.g.: offices, factories).
Finally, we may use your Personal Data to create target audiences to better promote updated content of SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL marketing initiatives.
5. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
Cookies are text files that may be stored on your electronic devices when you visit our website. SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL uses this tool for different purposes, such as to generate access statistics, improve your experience with our interfaces / domains, among others. Below we list the types of cookies used and their purposes sorted into groups:
|Necessary/Essential||What do they do?|
|Necessary/Essential||These are essential cookies that allow our website to work properly, as well as to allow you to make use of all available features.|
|Performance/Analysis||These cookies help us understand how users interact with our website, providing information about the areas they accessed, the time they logged into the website and any problems they may have encountered. They enable the collection of statistical data, allowing the analysis of user behavior patterns. These types of cookies do not collect Personal data capable of identifying the user. The information is used to improve the website’s performance.|
|Functional||These are cookies that allow us to remember your previous choices, such as browsing language. They allow us to provide a custom experience.|
|Marketing/Advertisement||These cookies are used to provide more content that is relevant and specific to your interests. They can also be used to present advertising with a greater targeting or limit the number of times that it is promoted. Further still, they allow us to measure the effectiveness of a launched initiative.|
We emphasize that the necessary cookies are essential for the normal functioning of our website, and the opposition to the use of this tool may result in disruptions to your experience or the suspension of your access..
In addition to the cookies, SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL uses other tracking technologies, such as:
Web Beacons: SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs and transparent images) that are used to help apply cookies to the websites, count Data Subjects who have visited these websites, provide services, collect statistics and analyze the effectiveness of advertising/marketing initiatives. These beacons may also be used in marketing emails or informational reports to determine if an email has been opened or if the links have been accessed.
Web Server and Application Logs: SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL servers automatically collect specific information to assist, manage and protect the services offered, as well as to improve the experience and analyze its use by the Data Subject. Collected information includes:
- IP address and type of browser;
- Device Information, including the Unique Device Identifier (UDID), MAC address, Identifier for Advertisers (IFA) and similar identifiers assigned by us or a third party;
- The device’s operating system and other technical data;
- The city, state and country from which you are accessing the Company website;
- Pages visited and content viewed, stored and acquired;
- Information or typed text;
- Links and buttons clicked;
- URLs accessed before and after using the Company
6. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
It is possible that the Company shares the your Personal Data with Third Parties, in which case, its use will be restricted to the minimum appropriate and necessary to fulfill any of the specific purposes previously informed to you.
For instance, we may share your Personal Data to enable the operation of communication and marketing channels, with business partners, other group companies, service providers, legal advisors, public bodies, credit analysis companies, auditing companies, monitoring companies for fields and rural properties, with financial entities and capital market transactions to provide credit for product sales and in situations such as the sale, merger or acquisition of SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL.
When we share your Personal Data with our partners, we make use of contractual tools to ensure that any third parties who may have access to it guarantee suitable protection. In situations where the Personal Data is shared with a third party located outside Brazil, for example, Japan (headquarters), China, India, Russia, the United States and other Latin American countries, in addition to guaranteeing the security and protection of Personal Data by means of an agreement, SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL will make use of one of the legal hypotheses of international transfer.
7. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is necessary to comply with legal obligations, protect our rights or comply with judicial/extrajudicial settlements.
In order to establish the retention period of your Personal Data, we rely on the following criteria:
- If we have a legal, contractual or any other obligation to retain Personal Data, or if they are necessary for investigation or litigation purposes; and
- If they are required to maintain accurate business and financial records.
8. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We have internal policies and protocols in place to determine how Personal Data must be handled by SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL. These rules are put in place to ensure the proper and lawful processing of the Personal Data we hold, including yours.
In addition to these organizational and governance measures, we have adopted several others of a technical nature to ensure even greater security for your Personal Data, such as:
- Strict control of the Processing of Personal Data, including access limitation, and password-protected access;
- An information security program;
- Segregation of access to Personal Data;
- Guidelines to protect passwords; and
- Services may only be accessed through secure networks.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM AT SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL?
Whatever the relationship you choose to establish with SUMITOMO CHEMICAL BRASIL, all rights relating to your Personal Data provided for by law are ensured, including, among others:
- Being aware if we process any of your Personal Data;
- Knowing which Personal Data about you is processed by us;
- Correction of incomplete, inaccurate or outdated Personal Data;
- Requesting the Anonymization, blocking or deletion of unnecessary or excessive Personal Data, or processed in disagreement with the Law;
- Requesting Personal Data portability to another service or product provider;
- Requesting that solely automated decisions that affect your interests be reviewed;
- Requesting the deletion of Personal Data processed with your consent;
- Obtaining information on public or private entities with whom we share your Personal Data; and
- When the Processing activity requires your consent, you may refuse to provide it. In this case, we will inform you about the consequences of not performing the specific action. If you choose to provide your consent, you may revoke it at any time.
To exercise your rights, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
In specific circumstances, it is possible that your request may not be granted. In these cases, we will provide you with the reasons why it was not granted.
Requests involving Personal Data and/or documents of other Data Subjects will not be granted, except by means of a power of attorney, parental authority or other hypothesis that authorizes the exercise of the right of another Data Subject on your behalf.
10. ANY QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the information provided here may be updated or changed. Therefore, we encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice.
Last updated: São Paulo, June 20, 2022.
 You may choose to delete stored cookies or set up your browser to enable or disable this collection. Considering that this procedure can be performed in a different manner, we provide access to this function for the main browsers in the following links: Google Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=pt-BR; Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/pt-br/topic/como-excluir-arquivos-de-cookie-no-internet-explorer-bca9446f-d873-78de-77ba-d42645fa52fc; Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/pt-BR/kb/desative-cookies-terceiros-impedir-rastreamento; and Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/ps/privacidade-e-seguranca/como-remover-cookies/.