Sumitomo Chemical brings to the organizational environment many striking aspects of the ancient Japanese culture, such as the importance of reputation and ethical behavior above all, compliance with rules and procedures, care for quality, safety, the environment and people.
Get to know some of the cultural pillars of Sumitomo Chemical Latin America.
We have as a principle the integrity and commitment to keep our interests always in harmony with the public and society interests.
To ensure legal and ethical conduct in all instances of our business, we have a global compliance policy that follows the highest standards of ethical behavior.
The policy establishes an executive committee responsible for the issue in the region and provides an appropriate set of tools to prevent and address any non-compliances supported by local and international law, including an internal ombudsman system.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
We are always committed to preventing accidents and incidents, as well as preventing occupational diseases, identifying and assessing potential risks.
Sumitomo Chemical is not only limited to meeting legal requirements, but also committed to caring for people.It has been our priority to take care of the safety of our operations, to develop actions to balance our activities and the well-being of our employees, contractors, suppliers and the community.
We always take care to evaluate all registered accidents to allow appropriate measures to be taken to prevent them and always seeking the focus of mitigating accident risks within our company.
Sumitomo Chemical uses PDCA principles for better risk assessment and management of our business.
Safety is our #1 PRIORITY
Health and Safety Management as a Core Principle
Each person within Sumitomo Chemical as responsible for health and safety, yours and others around you.
Commitment to promoting health and safety with partners, contractors, suppliers, customers and the community.
RESPONSIBLE CARE POLICY – SCLA
Sumitomo Chemical América Latina SCLA is a Chemical industry with a global presence in research, development, manufacturing and marketing in the agricultural market, for public health, household cleaning and animal nutrition, seeking to improve the Quality of its products and services based on solid foundations, with integrity and value generation in the conduct of its business, without causing harmful effects on its employees, the community and the environment, seeking sustainable development and continuous improvement.
Our commitments are:
1. Meet and respect the requirements of quality, safety, health and environment in accordance with laws, standards and other applicable local and international requirements, including the prevention of business risks, seeking the satisfaction of customers, shareholders, employees, suppliers, community, government and regulatory affairs;
2. Promote the development of our employees and the community with a focus on results, promoting an innovative, ethical and sustainable corporate management culture;
3. Add value to the business by ensuring alignment with corporate strategies and values, promoting continuous improvement, innovating and diversifying its portfolio;
4. Ensure the physical integrity and health of our employees, promoting healthy conditions, safe practices and risk control in the workplace, training, guidance and perfect integration among employees.
5. Protect the environment through responsible socio-environmental practices and implementing a waste management system with control measures, focusing on reducing liquid effluents, solids and atmospheric emissions,
SCLA will actively strive to promote the activities of the Responsible Care Program and support group companies, contractors and other business partners nationally and internationally.
SCLA is committed to meeting customer needs by providing quality products, insurance and reliable services based on established Product Liability requirements;
SCLA will contribute to the sustainable development of society through the exercise of functions, ensuring the company’s social-economic results.
We offer an inclusive and collaborative work environment.
Through internal actions, corporate policies and leadership efforts, our commitment is to foster passion for the business, teamwork and focus on results among our employees while keeping our team engaged and proud to be part of the organization.
Celebrating our team’s achievements, recognizing outstanding results and attitudes, and valuing our talents are some of our practices that contribute to employee engagement.